viernes, 4 de abril de 2014

Can Chess Check-mate Alzheimer's?


Thanks to our last lessons, in which we have been learning about neuroplasticity, I have reminded something that I heard years ago related to the benefits of playing chess, in order to prevent Alzheimer's .
In fact, it has been shown by statistics that hardly never great players suffer from this disease. Interestingly, one of them who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, had symptoms that made think that his illness was considerably less developed than his autopsy revealed after his death.
Searching for more information, I have found this video that suggest that this sport can check-mate the onset of Alzheimer's. Admittedly, I do not have a clue about chess. I wish I had the time to learn to play it ,(maybe when I finish my C1 course).


I have bumped into this endearing video by chance, and although it is not obviously the best for practising "listening", it includes a wide range of amazing facial expressions, about which we have been also working. I hope you will enjoy it


Apparently, this lovely man is not avoiding Alzheimer's through the practice of chess. However, I do not think so at all. In contrast, I believe that he is a sensible man, who is able to take loneliness in his stride, instead of slumping dejectedly regretting his misfortune. He gives a valuable lesson of life.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario